GOP 2012 Budget Plan has $4T in Cuts!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:banana:

Wait, what am I gonna lose? Are pig farms still gonna be smelly? I don't know if I can handle it!

Helpful but unless they cut entire departments that are unneeded and pass the Fair Tax and a balanced budget amendment, it's just pissing in the wind.

On another note, Ron Paul has raised more money than any other conservative candidate so far.

Things the GOP will cut.

Defense funding

School funding

Infrastructure improvments and maintenance

I will believe it when I see it.

Tom

Defense spending: only in earmarks.

School funding: huh?

Infrastructure improvements and maintenance: what improvements/maintenance? I haven't seen them, especially around Appalachia, the northeast and midwest.

What's your source Tom?

The bill is posted online for review.

Let the whining and political bickering begin. :argue:

Everyone, well almost everyone, knows the course the government is on is unsustainable but everyone will have the 1 or 10 programs they don't want cut.

Yes, I said everyone, an absolute, because to cut $4 or $6 TRILLION dollars of spending in a 10 year period, something near and dear to you will be cut.

For me that would be the defense spending.

I like the thought of the total elimination of the national debt. I also like the thought of energy independence a strong manufacturing base and a dome that covers almost all of the US, with the exception of Cali and the Northeast, they will be ceded to communist China, where they will feel a home. :banana:

fkent,

The most thing "near and dear" to me is my own money. The less of it the government takes, the more of it I can use. The less the govt takes, the more small business can grow, hire, pay employees, and put more money back into the economy.

I am all for paying for a national defense...period, in my federal tax dollars. I'm all for paying towards my retirement as long as there are some guarantees on ROI. For everything else, well that's what charities (welfare, medicare) and state, local taxes (roads, infra) are for.

TJR

TJR,

Agree 100%, I prefer to keep my own money and manage my own life. It's the other half of the country suckling at the taxpayer teat that will have major problems with the plan.

I agree and believe a strong national defense is vital but I would prefer we assume a defensive posture but when necessary crush our enemy without mercy and end it quickly.

I see cutting defense as one of those sacrificial cuts to appease the left when the NEA or Education Department starts to whine.

I say if the US Government does go into shutdown, we go in and change the locks! Isn't that a good sign that you've been fired?

Pipe dream, they will cut anything because they are arguing about 33 or 61 billion, not trillion but billions. They all care more about their political party than the good of the USA. We need to not spend more than we take in but not gonna happen.

I think the defense budget should be severely cut- we spend more than four times as much as China, and they have a much bigger population. We are wasting billions and killing soldiers on wrongheaded, poorly justified wars in Iraq and Afghanistan while China eats our lunch in the world marketplace. Every so often, our leaders cook up imaginary threats to justify this idiocy, and all the "patriots" shout down any opposition. What a waste.

I think the defense budget should be severely cut- we spend more than four times as much as China, and they have a much bigger population.

With all due respect, at the rate that China is building their Navy, we can not afford to cut our defense budget.

Tom

"Debt on Track to Hit 800 Percent of GDP; 'CBO Can't Conceive of Any Way' Economy Can Continue Past 2037"

Since Sentors and Congressmen are paid by US taxpayers, wouldn't it be a good idea to link their pay to all the other Federal Employee's and the Military? If the Federal employees and the Military are not going to get paid until the budget gets passed, what more incentive would there be to make a serious compromise than to withhold the salaries of the Senators and Congressman until they get the budget passed.:fire:

As it sits now, Congressmen get paid $167K per year, plus $250 per-diem (every day for living costs) which amounts to an additional $90K+ per year...Tax free !!!

Where do I go to sign up for the next Congressional election !!

...Rich

As it sits now, Congressmen get paid $167K per year, plus $250 per-diem (every day for living costs) which amounts to an additional $90K+ per year...Tax free !!!

For many congressmen, this is chump change. Their fortunes have already been made (or handed down to them).

"Boehner: Congress shouldn't be paid in event of shutdown"