Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these?

Looking for a quiet ride with decent offroad ability.

Revo2's in the same size on tirerack are $60 more a tire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have them and I am happy with them. They seem to perform very well in the recent snow here. I was originally looking at the BFG AT KO. I heard they were noisy and hard riding so I went with GY WSA instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have them on my gen 2 and love them, I've driven in 2ft of snow and didnt get stuck. They've also seen their fair share of mud and dirt and held up well too. I'll buy them again when mine wear out.

I had a set, and a sidewall blew out on one of them at about 30K miles. Not only that, but the tread wore unusually fast. My tire place was able to get the entire set warrantied and I replaced the with a set of Michelin LTX M/S tires. The Michelins have been great. Got almost 50K on 'em and they hardly look worn. Great ride, and great traction in all weather conditions.

Based on the fact that the OEM GY Wrangler RT/S tire are crap, and my sour experience with the GY Silent Armors, I'll never own GY tires again.

I've had them on my rwd Aspen for ~1 yr, and 10k miles. They are very good in the snow, and they ride well. For me, I wouldn't buy them again though. They aren't very good in the rain, nor slimy (barely wet) roads. They have an "AT humm" while going down the highway, but not terrible. They are louder than Destination ATs. They have some of the highest Rolling Resistance, so they will impact your MPG if you don't currently have AT tires. The next tire I'll pick will have LRR, because I need it. I never go off road, but prefer the look of AT tires on trucks/SUVs. I could easily gain 1-2 MPG going to a LRR tire.

You may want to consider Kumhos. My shop recommended them when I replaced the Wranglers on my 2001 Gen I. He said they were almost as good as Michelins at about 2/3 the price. When I drove on them it was like night and day from the Wranglers! They were so much smoother and quieter. Consumer Reports also has good things to say about Kumho.

Kumho doesn't have any tires in the size I was looking at, and the one in another smaller size is over $180 a tire.

Mileage is going to be crap pretty much no matter what I get.. this is for my Hemi Commander, and I'm going oversized.

I'm going to be throwing a mix of driving at them though, off road is mostly desert/rocks, but snowboarding trips, and general highway use.. and even just a few weeks ago I was buried in mud..

So I'm open to suggestions for sure, but dollars speak strongly.

If you don't care about mpg, nor do much wet driving, get them. They are excellent for preventing foreign objects from puncturing. I've had a few nails, etc. but no flats. I'm a believer in the Kevlar. On my rwd Hemi Aspen, they break loose real easily in the rain (starting or cornering). Every MPG counts on the Hemi. For me, I'd pick the Michelin Lattitude and easily get 1-2 mpg better.

What kind of mileage are you getting in the Apsen? I'm averaging 14.5, but the Commander has full time 4wd.

Latest posts