Goodyear Fortera Triple Tred

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am in need of new tires. I have heard good things about Michelin cross terrains and LXT MS

on this board. While I was getting prices on these two types, the new Goodyear Fortera Triple treads caught my eye. Wandering if anyone out there has any experience with this tire. Warranty is about the same as the Michelin cross terrain. Any comments or other recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Not hating GoodYear, just the GoodYear Wrangler RT/S tires.

I think everyone who has bought the Fortera have been satisfied.

I went with Pirelli Scorpion STR-A tires, they're awesome, but 3 years later, they have some flatspots. Hell the truck is parked 5 out of 7 days per week.

I might go with Fortera's in the spring, if I can brave the price.

I just put a set of GoodYear Slient Armor's on my Trac...I love'm! They are super quiet on the freeway...but, get me through the mud, snow, and ice in Tahoe beautifully!

I had Goodyear Wrangler RF/A's on my 2001 Sport Trac. Ford paid me to change tires because of the Firestone fiasco.

They were Rotation Free, Aquatreads. They has specificly designated Front and Rear tires. I liked them a lot. I put 42K miles on them and never had to rotate the tires and they looked like brand new.

They had great wet weather traction, smooth quiet ride, and great tread wear.

I looked at the tripple tread (which they say replaced the RF/A's) but they were pretty expensive, but I may look at them when my Wrangler RT/S tires need replacing.

Dispite what a lot of people say about Goodyear tires, I have had a lot of good luck with all the Goodyear tires I have ever owned including the Wrangler RT/S tires that came on my 2003 Sport Trac. They have very poor wet weather traction, but I am getting good wear and no cupping problems as many others have experienced.

I might add, that I bought road hazard insurance from Goodyear on the factory tires and I get free balancing and rotations every 6K miles, and I have never required a front-end alignment on either one of my Sport Trac's

...Rich

mce460

I have 4 Fortera's that are great...but they were not big enough so I got bigger tires, my Fortera's have only 1k on them will let them go for cheap if you are interested let me know..my email is [email protected]

Bill

I had Goodyear Wrangler RT/S's on my Ranger and I wasn't very impressed with them, they hydroplaned very easily in the rain, and didn't seem to do real well in snow. The Fortera HL's are light years ahead of the Wranglers, I've never had hydroplaning issues, and they are very good in the snow too. All the reviews I've read of the Triple Treads sound very good.

I bought a set of Forterra Triple treads over the summer and have around 7000 miles on them already and I love them. I had Michelin cross terrains before these and those lasted about 50000 miles. Only time will tell if the Triple Treads hold up as well.

Performance-wise these are as good if not better than the cross terrains in my opinion. They have solid grip, no road noise, and are excellent in rain.

Can't wait to see how they perform in snow.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]: