Goodyear Fortera Triple Treads

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Piroth

Reaction score
As we all know, the Goodyear Wrangler RT/S OEM tires on the ST are crap. However, has anyone had any experience with the Fortera Triple Treads?

I drove an Envoy yesterday with them on it, and they seemed to ride well, were quiet at highway speeds, etc. Since it was a sunny day and I had 4 co-workers in the car, I didn't get to really push them, and since they weren't on my Trac, it's hard to know how they'll feel on a totally different vehicle.

Any opinions would be helpful. Right now, I'm thinking of getting Dueller Revos, BFG Long Trail TAs or possibly these new Fortera Triple Treads.

I just put a new set of Revos on 265/75R16 on the stock wheels. I love them. Much better handling and traction. There is currently a 75$ rebate on Revos as well.

I was just looking at those lastnight at Sears. I was walking over to the tools and they had a stack of them there by the tires. They looked pretty cool. Directional even. Tread looked pretty agressive, but the Forteras I put on my '01 just before I sold it looked the same way, yet were quiet and had good grip. I'll be looking at those triple treads once the Michelins I have now wear out (Only have 3000 miles on my '07, so it will probably be a while....)

I looked at them about 6 months ago and I liked them. The problem was the price $$$ Regular price was $196. each but were on sale for around $160 each.

I had Wrangler RF/A's on my 2001 Sport Trac. They are Rotation Free (RF) and AquaTreads(A) and they had fantastic wet weather traction, but Goodyear has replaced the AquaTreads with the Triple-Treads.

...Rich

I have a set of the Fortera Silent Armor tires, and they've been great so far. Great handling, traction, and very quiet.

You may have a while to wait, A1cntrler. The Michelins our Trac came with lasted over 100,000 miles!

Good4AYear..enough said.

SST,

That may be true about the OEM Wrangler ST's, but the Fortera line of tires are rated as some of the best on the market by most of the research I could find. The place where I bought my Silent Armours (Navy Exchange) said they're the best tire he's seen in a long time.

I think there are many other factors that effect how a tire (no matter what brand) holds up, most of them being driver-related. What are an individual's driving habits, do they keep the pressure up, regular rotations, alignments, what type of terrain is driven on, etc...

I have set that I bought just before my road trip to South Carolina, and they are great. The road grip is fantastic, road noise non-existent, and they handle very well in rain. I'll have to wait until winter to see how they do in snow. I'm almost at 4000 miles, and very happy with them so far.

I used to have Michelin Cross Terrains, and these are as good if not better. Bought them for $140 on sale at Sears, wasn't sold on Goodyear brand, but all the reviews I read plus the price break, I figured I'd give them a try. The Sears guy I bought them from also reccomended them, said that so far no one has come ack to complain about any of the Forteras they've sold.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]: