Good Video on PCV Elbow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic Sorlie

Reaction score
Here's a good video on a problem that gets talked about a lot on this forum. I've viewed several other of this guy's videos and really like the way he puts them together.

That is an excellent video. Are those elbows available at auto part stores...or is it a Ford only part? I would assume you should replace both elbows and not just the one up front.

It's a Ford dealership technician you see in the videos, so he's showing factory parts. I'm sure you can find rubber elbows at a parts store; it just may be a chore to find them. A dealership tech is going to order the whole assembly, which ain't a bad thing IMO. Note that he wears a debadged shirt in them. I like these videos because the picture quality is very good and his delivery is very instructional. Good YT channel to subscribe to!

You should use OEM or equivalent PVC elbows. They need to be resistant to exhaust gases. If I recall in the past, some have reported that the elbow will get prematurely soft and begin leaking again.

Called my local dealer...they have the hose assembly in stock...$36. Any other sources for this OEM? Hate to spend that much on two rubber elbows.

<a href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H1.X2004+ford+explorer+sport+trac+pcv&_nkw=2004+ford+explorer+sport+trac+pcv&_sacat=0" target="_blank">eBay</a>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using standard elbows (i.e. coolant hose) will degrade faster, but it will get you out of a bind if you can't find the correct parts quickly enough. I've had to use them before, and they can last a year or more before they start to leak again. And at $3-$4 each, it's a cheap, short-term fix.

Latest posts