Good news--personal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill very good news. Growing up my father had a variety of chronic and serious health conditions and I'm familiar with all the uncertainty. I will keep your nephew and his family in my prayers. I work periodically at Johns Hopkins Hospital, George Washington University Hosp. , University of Pennsylvania Hospital, University of Maryland Medical Center and appreciate the gift of good health.

John

All continues to go quite well. He's experiencing more pain than expected at this point, but are having some success controlling it with meds adjustments--and with liberal doses of cartoons. They're hoping to have him out of ICU this evening.

Left ICU this evening. Word from my parents is that his color already looks better than ever. (As you can kind of tell in the photo above, he's always been kind of pasty pale.) Prior to the surgery, he was rarely reaching O2 saturation levels of even 90%. Since the surgery, he's already consistently hitting the normal 100%.

Update:

Open-heart surgery was last Tuesday, 9/8.

Left ICU Wednesday night, 9/9.

And discharged from the hospital Saturday, 9/12.

Sometimes the speed allowed by the advances in modern medicine simply amazes me!!!

Latest posts