Getting new tires this Weekend

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
I am getting new tires this weekend I am needing help desciding on which ones to get. I am looking at a set of Bridgestone Dueler A/T, Goodyear Wrangler RT/S and Dayton Timberline A/T. Not to sure about getting the Goodyears again because of the cupping that I had after about 10,000 miles. What are your thoughts on these tires.

Andrew

If you are considering the Wrangler RT/S, here is a thought. Remove the tire alltogether and drive on the rim. The ride will be about the same, but you would get better traction compared to the Wrangler RT/S tires.

Anything but the OE tires. What the heck is wrong with you?!?!?!?

Tom

Don't get the Goodyear Wranglers. They are CRAP. Several of us will personally come and beat you like a red-headed step child if you do!

If you don't do much off roading, some more excellent tires to consider are the BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A and the Michelin Cross-Terrain SUV.

I have heard that the Bridgestones are decent. Don't know anything about the Dayton Timberlines.

Whatever you buy, don't buy another set of Goodyear Wrangler RT/S. About the worst tire on the planet.

If you are looking for a good all terrain I would go with bf goodrich AT's. I have them and they are amaxing, I do minor offroading, drive 700km a week on the highway and have driven everywhere on ice and snow and they are by far the best ries I have ever owned.

It will take alot to convince me to get a different tire on a future truck.

I will Vouch for the Bridgestone Dueller Revos. I put them on last August and they have been the best tire I have ever used. They are excellent on wet pavement and they have never slipped, even in wet or snow. Also, there are Bridgestone/Firestone dealers all over the country if you need them serviced.

The Hawk

If your only doing highway driving consider the Dueler Alenza's. Got them a couple of months ago and I love them. Between the new shocks, ee swaybar, and the Alenzas, my Trac handles like a dream.

The Bridgestones are a premium tire, and the Goodyear/Dayton options are budget quality (i.e, OEM). If you really want to improve the handling and safety of your vehicle, then choose a premium tire. I have Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos and they are awesome tires in all conditions.

Consider the fact that you have a major investment and your family riding on those tires, and the decision will be simpler. I totalled a vehicle due to a cheap tire that blew out on a curve, so I speak from experience. Fortunately, no one was injured in my accident. I recommend you spend the extra $25/per tire for the safety of you and your passengers.

I agree with Caymen, stay away from the RT/S, they are the worst.

I have the Dueler A/T Revos. Awesome tires. If you're sure you're not going to do any kind of off roading then you should consider a highway tire instead of an All Terrain one. You'll get a better ride on pavement

Dueler A/T Revos are the best in my book. I have had them for about a year on my 2001 and they are a super improvement over the stock wranglers. rain, light snow, and some light off road have been absolutely no problem for these tires. The next set will be the Revos for me.

good luck and stay safe

LtMike70

Latest posts