Getting a Hitch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan D

Reaction score
I've decided to do away with the standard bumper hitch and get a class 3 hidden hitch. Got a quote from a Rhino Lining place nearby that wants 199$ installed. That seems kinda high as you can get a hitch on ebay for around 100$.

How difficult is it to install yourself?

Any good ideas on where to go for installation?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did it by myself with the help of a jack and jackstands but it's kind of hard. I'd recommend having at leave 1 helper doesn't matter who as long as they are strong enough to hold the hitch in place. If I remember right it was about 6 bolts. Pretty easy install just bulky/ackward to do by yourself.

I have one from a seller on Ebay. It works fine , but the paint on it isn't very good so be careful. I did the same as JD did with a helper. Just takes some patience. Alot of aligning it and then lowering the jack so the weight of the truck forced it in place (with some help from a rubber mallet), slowly but surely. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested Mark, that is if Ryan doesn't want it. I've been looking for a hitch but can't pay new prices. Please email me, clbatchATyahooDOTcom

Took me hours to put mine on...but then I have zero mechanical appitude. Wife was my assistant anbd held it in place while I installed. Front hitch went on smoother . Or was it vice versa?

Anyway, I put a hitch on the front and rear and it is not all that hard. My problems were mostly stupidity on my part and trying to rush the job.

Latest posts