Get a Build Sheet From Ford

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
For those that weren't aware, you can now order a build sheet for your Ford vehicle from FoMoCo right online. Depending on the one you order, it costs either $17 or $45, comes on Ford stationary, signed by Elena Ford. It contains a complete breakdown of your VIN, the vehicle's build date, list of options, and production figures for that model year.

These can be ordered for any FoMoCo vehicle from 1967-up.

I got one a few weeks ago for my 2008 Warriors In Pink edition Mustang convertible.

Pretty cool if you like to have all the documentation/info on your vehicles.

If you're curious about what they look like, here's a link to mine: <A HREF="http://72.35.72.219/~library/3850/WIP%20Mustang/Build%20Sheet.pdf">TrainTrac's 2008 Warriors In Pink Mustang Build Sheet</A>

Go to the link below to order your build sheet:

<A HREF="http://www.shopfordgear.com/find.asp?session=0C8C588EC2AA4B988BEF62282516CB79&search_type=by_dept&dept_id=16&d=16&c=48652YHNOREJJK4&s=">Ford Build Sheets</A>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious if the production numbers would separate the Adrenalin models from the others......

I doubt it; because if you look at my build sheet, it doesn't break down the production numbers for V6 vs GT models. Nor does it show any information on how many of each trim package were produced (Warriors In Pink, V6 Pony Package, GT, GT/CS, Base/Deluxe/Premium, etc.)

Thats pretty cool, i think i will be ordering one of those at the 17 dollar price. Would be neat to have, thanks for sharing. Jim

I just ordered the $17 basic build sheet for the sweet '07 ST I bought last weekend. Thanks for the tip!

:supercool:

Forgot to mention when I originally posted this: The one I got for my Mustang that's linked above is the $45 version.

Actually, the build sheet (at least the deluxe version, which I bought; so I can't speak to the basic verison) has more info than a window sticker: It contains the vehicle's actual build date, and the production numbers for the model line for that year-all info not found on a window sticker.

Also, Gavin, the web link you listed seems to only work for vehicles 2007-up. I just tried to view the window sticker for my '04 Trac, and it wasn't available. There's another web site out there that I've used for window stickers (actually a Ford site), and it too only goes back as far as the 2007 model year.

Your link and the one I've used in the past are OK if you just want to view the window sticker online or print/save a PDF version of it, but if you want an actual, authentic Ford-issued window sticker, I posted about how to obtain one from Ford in this thread back in February: <a href="http://mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1309444&sitename=mysporttrac">Don't Have The Original Window Sticker For Your 2007-2012 Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury?</a>

I think it boils down to individual choice, and how much authentic documentation you want for your vehicle. If you have a show/collector vehicle, or if you're just anal about your vehicle documentation (in my case, it's all of the above :grin:); then these build sheets are fun to have.

Another cool thing about these build sheets is that you can get one all the way back to 1967, and they contain most all of the info found in a Marti Report at a fraction of the cost; and it's also on FoMoCo letterhead with a "Ford"'s signature (Elena Ford, granddaughter of The Deuce).