Gen2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike burns 3

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding a Gen2 that I like. I know its personal preference but I dont want a black or light tan interior. I do a ton outdoor both for play and work and I dont want to be worried about trashing my seats.

broke down and drove a Ridgeline yesterday. I hate leaving Ford but I can get a truck with grey (easy care) leather. I'm going to check the market over the next couple of weeks and maybe I can find a low mileage Gen1 with the grey leather. Its worked great in my '01.

Neoprene seat covers work well, and come in a multitude of colors. Plus they're waterproof and easily hosed off. Just a thought. Bob

I love my ST's black interior-- so much better than the grey or tan interiors I have had for way too long. Black doesn't show dirt and it looks so sporty!

Black and light tan were about the only colors available on a Gen 2. There is nothing else. Mine has the tan cloth that gets dirty while you watch. I ended up putting Pittsburgh Steelers seatcovers on the front (everybody should have them :grin:) and a two-piece pet seat cover for the rear that I take off when I actually put people back there.

To each his own, I have the black leather in my "10 STA & I'll take it anyday over my grey leather in my '01 ST. Plus I use Grant Sport Shields [ seat covers ] when needed [ ie. beach, etc.] in all our Sport Tracs & even my wife's Maxima. I even have the Sport Shields in black, grey & tan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts