Gen2 Blower Motor stopped working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat Freeman

Reaction score
Hi all. It's been years since I've been participating in the forum. Sadly, I come today to talk about a problem in my 2007 Gen 2. The blower was giving me heat without issue and then stopped working. I hit a bump and it cycled faster then slower. I am not getting any heat unless I'm moving (ram air) and when I set the Automatic Dual Zone to Highest Fan, I hear a click under the dash, passenger side, but the fan doesn't spin. There is a lot of Gen 1 info out there but I don't want to go down that road without asking the group.

Your problem sounds like same one I had in my '07 years ago. I replaced the heater control module. You can see what I did in Projects>Maintenance section of the forum. Easy fix, but use only the Ford part.

Thanks Vic! I ended up wiggling the wiring harnesses and connectors around the blower motor and it's been working ever since. I'll keep an eye on it and look into the module project if things get worse.

Latest posts