Gen2 AWD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Richmiller

Reaction score

I've clocked nearly 3000 miles on my new 2009 STA and its going to go into the dealership for its first service (already paid for). Besides the typical oil change is there anything else i should know.

And more specifically i know there have been posts regarding the sensitivity of the AWD and the tire wear. I have mostly city miles with a few 280 mile road trips. Should i plan on rotating the tires every 3000 miles? If so what should the rotation be? Crisscross?

you should always rotate your tires starting with the two front going strait back and the two back going front and flip flop (right goes to left, left goes to right)

I have a '08STA and rotate the tires every other oil change. I have 15k on it now and the tire wear is minimul. I get free oil changes from the dealer so i have them rotate the tires.

Oil change and check all the fluids, including axles and transfer case. Do not assume that the factory fills everything properly. Otherwise don't worry about it.

Latest posts