Gen II Tonneau - Emergency Release Cable Retainer Tab

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a part number for this. On the Gen II tonneau, the emergency strap/handle is help up against the cover by a small plastic pin that has "arms" on the bottom side. One of the arms broke off, so the strap hangs down. Does anyone have an idea where I can find a replacement pin? Thanks all.

Picture of the broken one (missing the Christmas tree portion that pushes into the tonneau):

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have to have the Ford part, maybe the parts counter at local dealership can help. If you just want to get the cable out of the way, go to Radio Shack or a hardware store and get a self-adhesive cable tie (they come in a pack of 6 or so). Stick one on your cover and you've got a functional fix. It's removable if you locate the Ford part.

Thanks Vic. I've gone through about every engine wire harness and loom clip I can find, and none match. I'll have to temporarily hold it with a sticky retainer until I can find a suitable replacement.