Gen 2 - Ipod / Aux / Backup camera install on Factory Nav Unit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris B 3

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone knows about a good adapter to connect my IPod to my 2007 trac (Gen 2) with the Nav unit. I don't actually have a aux input located on the front of the console as it should be. Ideally I want to put my ipod in my glove box and control it from the nav unit / steering wheel controls. I would also like to have an Aux input. to connect my smart phone.

Right now I have free time and some expendable income as I am starting a new job in a few weeks. So I have time to take up a project or two. I am also thinking of installing a backup camera. Is that possible using the nav screen....if it was that would be awesome.

Any Ideas to occupy my time would be welcomed.

You basically start with something like this. It has been awhile since I shopped around, but this type of unit is needed to "unlock" your backup camera capabilities. There are a few sites that sell them. Add a 3rd party camera somewhere in the back and you should be in business.

This project is on my to-do list.

Dave

I've been looking at the iPod integration at Brandmotion. These things are made specifically for our ST's. Very easy install. The video shows an install on the nav unit. I'd get it right now, but I'm unemployed at the moment.

Latest posts