gen 2 door code

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike S 3

Reaction score
I know that on the Gen 1's you can find the lock button code by removing the dash defrost panel, but does anyone know if there is a similar code written down and where it is located on a gen 2? I bought a 2010 STA, and the dealer did not provide me with the door code..

Also, I have noticed a hissing sound that seems to come from the transmission when first lightly pressing the accelerator. is this normal or has anyone else noticed this?

Taking the truck in for some warranty work tomorrow. The front right CV boot is split, previous owner must have had something cut it but luckily my local dealer is going to repair it under warranty. I have also asked them to check the trans programming and to look into the hissing sound.

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its hidden on the backside of the engine computer under the hood? The easiest is to go to the dealer and have them look it up for you. Bob

I am a Ford Salesman & you should have that dealer "pull the code" for you. Their Service Dept has a computer that they can plug in & it will show the factory door code. Your salesman should have done that for you & change the code for you if needed.

Thanks guys I will check with Ford tomorrow. I bought the truck used from a Dodge dealer, so they were fairly clueless about the ST..

oh.. well, worse case, I guess you could take it by a Ford dealership and get them to pull the door code for you for around $30 or so probably.. or whatever they charge.

If still on warranty, take it to Ford dealer and tell them it does not work.

If they say it works tell them to prove, they will need number.

Did this with my 02 way back. It took them about 3 hours with their computor to get number.

It went through as warranty claim with no cost to me.

Dealer that retrieved number was not the selling dealer.

If you have a little mirror, you can see the key code on the ECU with a flashlight (5 digits) etched into the plastic by the bar code sticker. Its by the parking brage & fuse block area. You need a mirror because its not facing out, where you could easily read it...

Latest posts