GEN 1 VS 2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be much easier and probably cheaper to trade it on an '07+.

The front suspension is somewhat different as well.

I also have had both - I could never have had this much fun tricking out the first gen adrenalin pkg but sharing components with Mustang is a wonderful match up to make a Fast AWD Machine that can do a Home Depot run or pull the boat yet luxurious to make the valet guys treat it with extra care.

I would love to know if there was a way to swap in an independent rear suspension.

Whoah! We live in totally different worlds. I'm upset that the front suspension is independent. :bwahaha:

I still stick by my previous suggestion based on your needs. Gen2, V8.

If you do your research and are patient enough/have the time, you should find a good one for just under $20k to mid 20s.

As an aside: I have considered that in the future, I may buy a Gen2 V8 and solid axle the front and rear.:grin:

What I have works just fine for me. If I could get my hands on a rear suspension for a few grand I could do the work myself. That is a lot less than $20K. I would love to have a Gen2 STA V8 but I think my next vehicle will be a Mustang of some flavor.

I had a gen1 03 4wd XLT with leather, moonroof and the CD6.

It was no where near as nice inside as the gen2 imo.

The utility of the sport trac is in it's configuration. The basic premiss is unchanged. Unless you do really punishing offroad driving there is simpy no way a gen1 will compete with a gen2. Hell, the fact that the gen2 isn't on a ranger platform is enough proof to me that the gen2 is where it's at!

Latest posts