GEN 1 TAIL LIGHT GUARDS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward Krupp

Reaction score
I spoke with a guy from 3d distribution this week about the Tail light guards for the gen 1 trac.

3d distribution handles sales for steelcraft. I told him the tail light guards are very hard to find and asked him if steelcraft would be willing to do a production run to meet this need. He spoke with the factory and emailed me back that they are planing another run and he will email me as soon as the run is completed and are available. They cost $119. I will post when he lets me know they are ready. :banana:

When I got mine several years ago and in chrome. I got them from ebay, from seller autoaccessory4u, but I just checked and they are no longer a member on ebay. I paid $69.95 for them on February 23, 2006.

I have looked around, but am continuing to find them only for 2007-10. Seeing the interest in these things they are like gold.

Spoke to Russ Delbridge who was the person that told me they would be doing another run to get an update on what was going on with these guards. He said that Steelcraft has decided to discontinue them rather then do another run. I told him that he would probably be looking at over 10 orders if they would put the run thru but that did not seem to matter. Kind of screwed up that he did not get back to me earlier because now I called WAAG who was the only option left and they said they have discontinued them also and got rid of their tooling so they cant even custom make them for anyone. If anyone else wants to take a stab at this guy Russ and try to reason with him the steelcraft part # is 31110. He works for 3DDistribution which is steelcrafts distribution section and his number is 951-547-1215 :banghead:

I was finally able to score a brand new black set on EBay for $75 from the seller truckaccessory310. They look and fit great and he had a few more sets available. The Part # is 82219b listed for a 2001 sport trac but fit my 2005 like a glove. His number is 310 560 9831. If your not fast enough with your call and he does not have anymore the company that made them is LongTek Engineering in LA and their phone # is 323 266-3850. Good Luck as we know how impossible these damn things are getting to find! :banana:

Couldn't find it.:cry: I guess he just doesn't have them listed online. I'll give him a call.

Thanks a ton!:haveabeer:

Last edited by a moderator: