Gay marriage. Legal in your state yet?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to get into right and wrong, but I herd on the news today that a groupe called LGTQ. Wants to march in the St. Patrics Day parade. LGTQ (Lesbien gay transexual and queer)! What is the difference between lesbien- gay and queer? I am not trying to be a bad guy, I just don't understand the difference.

Tks Ed

Frank,

I have found you life experiences in the hood, combined with having to live a area with the population described, very depressing and I personally have seen the light.

I am writing my representatives now recommending my taxes be increased and all the money dumped on your area, I am sure this will bring the area back to its WWII productivity and save the planet, which was most likely destroyed by the industry described.

HUGH,

You bad, bad person. To sum it up you are a grief giving, easy target, discounter, backwards, down there're, minority, non working labor jobber, never working, without craftsman skills, devoid of reality, banjo playing, Duck Dynasty watching person with no history knowledge. Additionally, Frank and his friend had to build everything for your.

But, if that isn't enough, you have made FRANK use caps on the words you really need to understand.

Frank is correct. South Chicago/Gary/Calumet is a shit hole. I recall the time I took a shortcut to Lake Shore Drive from I-94 several years ago when I was about 22 years old. I just followed Hwy 41 until there was a detour in South Chicago where a bridge was out. Lost the detour signs and found myself in the middle of the most burned-out. rat-infested dump of a neighborhood I had ever seen. Gas tank was almost on "P" (Push), and my new wife was freaking out. I wandered around and finally found a Detour sign and got back on Hwy 41. Drove a bit more, and all of a sudden the scenery went from crap to very nice within a block!

For sure, growing up anywhere near that environment would have a huge effect on a person and their beliefs and perceptions. I thank God daily that only because of His Grace I have it better than 99.9% of the people on this planet.

The Hwy 41 that the Almond Brothers sung about sure wasn't anywhere near the North end...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't live in Atlanta. That's just one of the many stereotypes you tried to apply to me that are very, very wrong.

OK, how did this thread get hijacked !! It started out about Gay Marriage and if it was legal in your state, and now people are talking about what cities they live in and now we have moved to Duck Dynasty??? Now I have know idea how we got there and what we are discussing...:bwahaha:

...Rich

Summary:

I asked Frank about his everyday interaction with gay people in his whitewashed community. He might like to explain why he chooses to live in an 80+% white community in Indiana but commutes to work in Chicago. Not really good for the environment and does not support the community he loves so much, but that's his choice and I respect that. He then rambled off some incorrect stereotypes about who I might be because I live in Georgia and understand economics.

He also didn't defend why his view of gays relates to sexual predators.

He can't even keep his own threads on topic because his arguments aren't cohesive and take him all over the place relying on personal attacks and stereotypes.

To just answer the question of this thread in one easy post, we could avoid Frank's trolling, though. Here's the thread killer.

[Broken External Image]:

Hugh,

OK, I understand Frank runs off in different directions and is easily distracted which leads to the changing subjects in some threads. I guess I don't understand where someone lives has anything to do with Gay Marriage? You say that Frank lives in a "80% White (Whitewashed) community"?? I guess I don't see the relationship between being gay and race, nor do I see any relationship between being gay and race? Every race, religion, economic status, and neighborhood has some gay people....Some may be more open about it, and others less so, but I have never seen a connection between race or neighborhood as a determining factor?

I do agree that states who support gay marriage, etc might be more attractive gay residents. Probably not unlike Colorado and Washington attracting more residents who frequently use pot and want the legal protection.

I do know that one of the older family members on Duck Dynasty made some religious comments about Gays which upset some people, The network stopped airing Duck Dynasty for a short period of time until an apology was made. That was just his statement, and only his opinion. We are all free to decide if we agree or disagree with his statements.

...Rich

Minnesota had a ballot initiative for a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage a couple years ago. If failed by a quite significant margin. It was only a few months after that that gay marriage became law.

In my opinion, the main reason Minnesota legalized gay marriage already is because of the failed constitutional ballot initiative. Until then, I don't think that either the gay marriage proponents or the state legislators realized just how much support they had in the general public. By forcing the ballot initiative, the supporters of the constitutional ban actually did the marriage legalization supporters an unintended favor.

Bill, that's the funny irony of it. People that try to push these bans really do not understand the Constitution and how they're just pushing toward applying constitutional rights to the issue. There's really only one way to interpret the Constitution on this matter and it isn't going to fall to the evangelical side.

Richard, it was just a point that Frank tried applying some kind of stereotype to me because I live in Georgia, yet Atlanta is one of the most inclusive cities in the country...inclusive, not just diverse. Juxtaposed with his community, I think his generalizations are probably more applicable in his town. I didn't try to suggest a relationship between race and sexuality, just recognizing a vibrant community versus his whitewashed town. Diversity is great and exciting, Frank just doesn't want to live in such a community. He'll drive through it and observe, though. I suppose his guilt is enough to base a position on.

And I'm not really sure why he felt the need to attack me on this. This is actually one issue we are in agreement on except for his view of homosexuals as predators.

Latest posts