Gave the 'trac a little TLC Today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Stehle

Reaction score
Been wanting to clean and get some protection on my sport trac for a while now, but weather hasn't been cooperating. Today I got lucky...It was only around 30 degrees, but the sun was out so I was able to get the job done. Yesterday was the same temp, but no sun and some wind, so the clay lube just froze as soon as I tried. Today, I just had to keep the portion of the truck I was working on in direct sunlight and it worked great. I'm in a second story apartment, so I had to run an extension cord out my bedroom window and across the parking lot, but it got the job done.

Truck needs full paint correction (will get it this spring), but for today it received:

-Coin op pressure wash (yesterday)

-Optimum No Rinse wash (today)

-Clay (Meguiars Professional Mild with Optimum No Rinse clay lube)

-Meguiars Color X for cleaning and protection applied using Dual Action buffer

-Aerospace 303 restorer/protectant on trim, door seals, tires

-Meguiars Final Inspection quick detailer spray just for fun

Unfortunately I don't have a great camera, but here's one from my phone

3b0982112881d2cdfa6f4814b20f9551.jpg

Now it's time for some beers, dinner, football, and probably some Motrin tomorrow :)

Dang, the paint looks good to me.

Hey Matt, I live on the shore so I know what you're talking about. We got about 3-4 inches of snow down here. Thank God the trusty Squeeky Clean was open today and I gave it a run through (I hate salt). Keeping it clean in the winter sucks, so keep at it and make your baby happy. BC :smile0004:

Thanks Ed. The color x did an above average job of concealing the swirls, and the camera isn't too great / close. It also has a little abrasiveness to it, combines with a medium abrasive pad probably removed some of the swirls too, but that wasn't my goal today, so there are still a bunch i'm sure.

Bob, i saw a severe weather warning for this area, i couldn't believe it because i didn't see a cloud all day. yesterday was cloudy, though. I've been waiting for a good weekend for a while, seems like every weekend lately has been raining or just too cold.

I've been trying to keep it clean all winter, but it's good to get some protection on it finally.

mjs,

looks real nice :banana:

as bob c. said, i hate salt and snow

seeing bob c's trac, i am sure he is like me suffering from major OCD.

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to spring when I can really get it clean inside and out. I love not having full a carpet floor, makes the interior go so much faster.

Latest posts