gauge pod carbon fibered...last cf post for a while i promise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd Z I see the stuff on ebay being sold by the foot.... Is it just an adhesive or does it require some heat or special tools....?

Joseymack

its ust adhesive vinyl, but to shape it and remove bubbles etc, its good to have a heat gun or a good hair dryer. As for tools I would recommend a hobby knife and a small squeegie. Of course I havent done this, but his is what I would think you would need to do the job.

Paul,

Can you take a picture of the vinyl packaging? We dont have PEP Boy in Mo, and if you could show what the packaging, manufacturer, etc I could maybe go to another store and find the vinyl.

Thanks

thanks everyone fro the responses and the answering of questions...

DO NOT USE A HEAT GUN!!!!!! it will melt vinal and probably heat up your plastics to much.

Big D...thanks but i dont like. just found summit racing actually sells a carbon fiber overlay that molds right to your steering wheel. it is a custom fit. i will look into it. i did some in the truck but i dont want it to over take the interior i did certain things that i thought would be cool. butthanks for the link i appreciate it.

chad....sorry man the garbage man just took the garbage and the package was in there. if i get to pepboys an they have it in stock i will snap a pic for you.

fred....i want to get the charcoal cobra floor mats but not sure im thinking of doing the full

carpet install and getting new mats so we will see.

joseymack.....email sent to you.

Paul H:D

paul , looks niiiiice !!! i better not see any unauthorized parts are your vehicle after tomorrow :rolleyes:

just a little inside joke