Gas Prices

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a card here, it is 2.85.If you don't it is 3.15. Nelson, you want a card lol._Ron

I filled up for 2.83 in Southern NJ on Wed and was bitching up a blue streak about it having gone up - looking at some of the other prices I guess I shouldn't really complain. My local stations (Philly) are in the 3.03 - 3.11 range.

2.90 to 3.04 in NE Ohio. Some stations really try to stick it to you also.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
$1.18 a litre here in Castlegar BC, that works out to $ 4.48 for a US gallon or $5.31 for a Canadian (imperial) gallon .... 'damned tired of being gouged by these oil companies who again showed "record profits" for 2007 ..... 'must be nice to be able to sell a resource that rightly belongs to the citizens of the country, to the citizens of the country for these kind of prices.

$1.18 a litre here in Castlegar BC, that works out to $ 4.48 for a US gallon or $5.31 for a Canadian (imperial) gallon .... 'damned tired of being gouged by these oil companies who again showed "record profits" for 2007 ..... 'must be nice to be able to sell a resource that rightly belongs to the citizens of the country, to the citizens of the country for these kind of prices.

I don't see the citizens putting up the initial exploration and development costs. Oil companies pay for a "lease" for an certain area of the mineral they are extracting, they pay company taxes, they pay royalties on the mineral extracted, then the goverment tacks on taxes when we buy the product, sounds like we are getting a take on the minerals. In addition they provide many jobs to people with many different levels of education. If they didn't make a profit why would they be in business? Look at the profits banks make, no one is bitching about them, even though they take money from you with every transaction you make.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts