Gas Prices

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
Gas here has risen from around $4.50 to nearly $6.00 per gallon since January. My last fill up cost $80.74, and that is for my Mazda 3 which holds half the fuel of a Sport Trac. :blink:

I am so glad I traded my ST before coming here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would fall over and cry if it gets that high. On the other hand, there is always the route of changing everything over to alternative fuel for the ST, but the conversion alone would be pricey. Not to mention it would smell like french fries inside.

Did I mention I got 26 mpg with my first tank in the new Focus? And that was all local driving....no highway, and driving her like a sportscar (I got the 5 speed).

TJR

TJR, with my highway driving in the focus last week, I got 35 mpg on my first full tank. Drove 333 miles and used only 9.7 gallons of gas. Only cost me $28 to fill up. Usually, I pay around $65 a week to fill up the ST, and I have to fill it up every 5 days. The focus lasts me 7 days.

Still took the ST to the beach over the weekend though. And the ST is hauling the boat to the flats this weekend too. Also prepping her for a trip the keys in July. She's definately not neglected. :)

LOL, yeah rub it in. I was ok with the window sticker saying the ST would get 14city but it is all lies. Now I have to spend extra money just to try and get it to 14mpg. DOH!

14 MPG?!

I drive a mixture of city and highway to work (2.5 hour round trip) and I get an average of 17 MPG. All stock. The only time I get 14 MPG is when I tow one of the waverunners. Guess I should quit griping about only getting 360 miles to a tank of gas. lol

Local grocery chain also owns some convenience stores w/ gas. Every $50 you spend at the grocery stores, which also includes a pharmacy, gets you .10 off a gallon of gas. I saved .70 a gallon the other day. I've been buying expensive drugs lately.

I'm gettin' kinda leery, myself on these gas prices. Already $3.21 here in

Middle Tennessee, and they said last night on the news that we are a little

below the National Average?:wacko:

Last fill up on the Trac, I got 21.8 m.p.g., but again, my granny passes me

most days! The wife got a little over 27 with her 3.0 V-6 Mariner, mostly

highway, so I guess we could be worse off.

And, Memorial Day Weekend is coming up!!!:lol:

I use premium in my ST because the other stuff makes it run weird. The premium gas around here is $3.89 gallon. All I can say is negative equity doesn't look so bad at this point. If it gets any worse, I just may park my ST for a very long time.

here in Edmonton Alberta we had a hike to 121.4 cents per liter.... its gonna hurt. They are saying, or so I heard, to expect it to be about the 130.0 a liter all summer.... weeeee

On the Track with my (Non Stock) SVT Focus... 165 Miles on 2 tanks of 100 Octane Fuel...LOL

Getting passed by a Suby WRX STI which I ended up catching on T2 and passed on the following straight away.

[Broken External Image]:

The price around the corner from me is 4.54 PLN (1.62 U.S. dollars) per litre. That is $6.13/gallon! :eek:

I never did more than a "guesstimate" before now, I need to slow down on my trips.

With gas here at $3.24 a gallon, I started riding my mini bike to work. It looks like a small motorcycle with a 6hp motor. It is set up so I can go about 40 mph. I just use my grandson's Batman backpack to put my laptop in along with a few soft drinks. Well I do this when I don't have to take him some place, if its raining and when I don't have to have the ST or the car.

Did I mention I got 26 mpg with my first tank in the new Focus? And that was all local driving....no highway, and driving her like a sportscar (I got the 5 speed).

Isn't it great? Wife has a ZX5 and I am so glad. She was asking if I was bringing the trac home for her when I deploy next month, I think it'll stay in storage here -- remove the temptation to drive it vs the Focus. :)

once gas gas up im gonna become a bum and stay home!!! i drive 200 miles or better a day and gas going up but the paycheck not!!!! by time i fill up two and a half to three times i spend most of my check!!! screw that jus gonna do like some around the corner and hold up a sign to get change for my budlight!!!! :) 3.05 here in la

Just got gas. $2.98. That's probably the last time I will see gas under $3 for the rest of the summer.

Seattlesporttrac, looks like mine running down I75 around 930.....

Kidding but my SVT Focus is pretty good I can go 250 miles and a quarter tank of gas.

[Broken External Image]: