Gas MPG

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First 1000 mile road trip - First and foremost - the iPhone app E85finder was essential - My combination requires 103-105 octane - No cheating here

averaged 14.7 miles per gallon at 75+ miles per hour - not bad for a BHP 550 machine -

Low price in Missouri at a Co-Op was $2.65 per gallon - beats $4.00 for premium and the extra 50 to the pavement is not bad either - High price was $3.02

Really enjoyed the Lock-Pick the most and saw a handful of people that had cameras out snapping shots of the machine in motion.

I get about the same with 93 octane 10% ethanol fuel here. Slightly more if I keep my foot out of it. I don't really follow bhp numbers so think that 15mpg for a 400whp vehicle is decent. Some get better and some get worse :)

Ol' Nocturnal gets 20-21 mpg's on the highway staying around 2000 rpm's (about 72-73 mph) .. averages 16-17 overall if I keep my foot out of it! ..That's running 93 octane (with local 10% Ethanol).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts