Gas Mileage '01-'06

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry O

Reaction score
What are some real world gas mileage numbers seen from a '01-'06 4x4 sport trac? I currently have a '04 GMC Sierra and would like something a little better on gas and the sport trac seems like a nice choice if I can get a little better mileage. I range from 14 to 16.5 out of my truck around town. I would like to get something close to my old Sonoma which got 19 around town. I seen on fueleconomy.org they are rated around 16 but people have listed ther own and it averages 18.5 for and '01.

thanks!

My 2001 4x4 averages about 17 MPG around town and 21 on the highway.

MAC intake...4.10 gear ratio...no tonneau (yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry, You probably wont get 19mpg with a ST unless you do some mods... The xcal2 will help you greatly as well as intakes and exhausts. I have an "01 4wd with 3.73 differentials, K and N drop in filter, JBa spark plug wires, tonneau cover, and i still only get about 17-18 around town... On the highway, many people get 20-23 mpg, which is probably a little better than your GMC. But still, you can't expect miracles... Although i'm sure some people get over 20mpg around town, just depends on how much you will invest, and also how you drive makes a difference with 2-3 mpg sometimes...Bottom line is, it's a 5000 lb lug with a little over 200hp...:(

Hope this helps

Andy

We are getting around 20.5 combined city/hwy w/ AC on, and comming back from Louisville we were averaging 24 w/ AC on doing 75 mph.

AirRaid Cold Air Intake;

Royal Purple: 5w-30 engine oil, Syncromax tranny fluid, power steering fluid, Purple Ice radiator additive, & MaxGear in the differential;

SCT XCalibrator II (w/ programs for 87 octane & towing);

Differential has Royal Purple MaxGear oil;

Flex-a-lite 180 Extreme electric fan;

Taylor Vortec spark plug wires & new OEM plugs;

Todd Z'a modified Throttle Body;

I have just over 300 miles on my 07 2WD 4.6L V8 and am averaging around 14mpg combined highway/city driving. Just filled up with the 2nd tank of fuel,,,,,,,,we'll see,,,,,,,,hope this helps, Mark

Same as Rodger, 20.5 Combined hwy/cty. Probably 70% hwy, 30% cty.

Mac Intake

Underdrive pully

Electric Fan

Synthetic Motor oil, Conventional oil in tranny and diffs.......

'02 4x4 18.5 combined city/hwy. No engine mods. Synthetic oil (Mobil 1).

Latest posts