Gas Filler Door Spring

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Peters

Reaction score
The spring on the fuel door is broken causing the fuel door to open randomly at turns. I did use some Velcro for a temp fix. I did some research and found out the housing comes with the spring and costs vary from 30 to 80 dollars. Does anybody have the part number for the correct housing so I can verify the correct part for the 2003 Trac?

Big Al

Yikes! That stinks big time. I thought maybe the spring would be sold separately. I'm wondering if I can swap the fuel doors. I really appreciate your help on this.

Big Al,

Yes, you get the whole fuel door assembly. Not sure about the number because when I ordered one for my 2003 Sport Trac, it had a different number for each color. A PITA to install. For the cost, I think your idea of a strip of velcro is a better solution.. In fact, if you have enough velcro it will be a little hard to open, and probably make most gas thieves think that the gas door is actually locked !! :supercool:

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the cover assembly held in by the 3 filler neck screws and one screw on the outer rim of the fuel door?

Latest posts