Future Sport Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARVIN McINTYRE 2

Reaction score
:btddhorse:

I thought I might add this quip from a story I just read about FMC's plans to build the next generation Explorer in Chcago. Doesn't say much about the future of the ST though. Kind of leaves you thinking there are NO plans to continue the ST as we know it. UNLESS they are just keeping some info locked up somewhere. And then to add water to the fire, they say the Louisville plant will be producing a bevy of smaller cars yet to be named there. Better get your 2010 before they close out the assembly line!!!!!!:boohoo:::bwahaha::cry:

"The current Explorer and Explorer Sport Trac models are built at the companys Louisville Assembly Plant in Kentucky. Shifting production of the next-generation Explorer to Chicago Assembly paves the way for Louisville Assembly to undergo transformation to a flexible, fuel-efficient small car plant from a truck-based SUV plant. Ford will begin producing new vehicles at Louisville Assembly based on its global C-car platform in 2011. The specific models will be named at a later date."

They will be building the Kuga Escape and focus at the Louisville assembly plant, My opinion on the Fate of the trac is that there WILL be one....we can't let that pos Ridgeline have the market to themselves

Ridgeline isn't even a truck. They should be competing with the 4 door frontier and tacoma. Having the new ST with IFS all around is crap. I would never want a second gen ST.

Ridgeline isn't even a truck. They should be competing with the 4 door frontier and tacoma. Having the new ST with IFS all around is crap. I would never want a second gen ST.

No offense to you 2nd gen owners but personally I hate the fact that I have an IFS in the front of my truck and plan one day to remove it.