Fuse 19 2004 Trouble

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I noticed a week or so back that my reverse lights were out. Naturally I checked the fuse for them and it was blown. Figured it was just old and had it, so I replaced it. 3 days later it blew again one night as I pasted from park to drive. So I replaced it on the spot and put it in reverse then park then drive and back and forth then after a couple of passes it blow there on the spot.

The book says it's for daytime running lights (which I don't have), reverse lights, and "PCM". So far I have had no problem with anything else in the truck so far and for those who have seen my lights no worries they are all on separate in-line fuses independent from everything else (sorry had everyone has said that so far).

So now I'm just wondering if anyone has had this problem or even an attempt at a solution please.

Thanks in advance,

Zachary L.

Sorry, meant to put what I have checked.

I have checked the sockets and they look brand new inside of the sockets and I checked the wiring as best as I could, hard to reach some places, but couldn't find any clear cause. Also I took off the cover on the steering column thinking it maybe a wire there like how there is the tilt problem for most people. Still no luck for me.

Thanks for the reply,

Zachary L.

Zach, I checked my wiring manual. Other than the harness and other connections. There is a DTR sensor(digital transmission range) on the transmision. It serve 4 purposes to feed back to the PCM. Park start, nuetral start, backup lights and nuetral range w/4wd.

Here is a pic of the location. Just somewhere to look at the harness, plug and sensor.

Copy it and then I can delete from my library.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts