Funny thing about replacing the brake pads

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stern

Reaction score
Just replaced the front brake pads on my ST for the third time. I'm at about 90K miles. The funny thing about this maintenance task is that it's long enough between occurrences that I forget exactly how it went the previous time.

I spend about 30 minutes changing the pads on the first wheel, with lots of "Oh, yeah, I forgot I need THAT tool" trips to the basement.

The second wheel takes about 10 minutes, including time spent chuckling at myself for how lame I am, for not remembering how to do it, or what tools are required.

:smack:

I've changed brakes in so many vehicles since I was a kid that its stuck in my head. When I first changed the front brakes on my trac it was like I had done it before. Now that back drum brakes, thats another story.

Rich,,,

You KNOW riding a bike includes crashing it several times...

Also nice to see you pop in Rich. Hope all is wheel with you and your family...

Just put the fourth or fifth set of fronts on at 148K. Just threw on cheap pads (one rotor grooved a bit) for now. When tax check comes it's going to be upper and lower ball joints, new rotors, pack bearings, loaded replacement calipers, brake hoses, tires, and alignment. Big $$$$

Mark

Good to see some old friends in here. All is well in the Stern household. Hope the same is true with you guys.

I'm gonna try to make it to Louisville in July. Hope to see some of you there.

Latest posts