Funny story in German news about Seal Team 6 and bin-laden

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His Fate, Sealed

When the U.S. Navy SEALs -- the SEa, Air and Land special forces -- killed Osama bin Laden, it was immediately big news around the world. In Germany, news network N24 put up a logo of SEAL Team 6, which had credit for the operation, while presenter Mick Locher described the raid. Unfortunately, the logo shown was for the "Maquis Special Operations -- SEALS Team VI", not the U.S. Navy SEALs Team 6. The Maquis is a fictional rebel group in the 24th century "Star Trek" universe, named for World War II French Resistance fighters; the logo was created by a Star Trek fan club, and Team 6 members are Klingons. "They don't have the skull in their emblem for nothing," Locher said of the logo. He didn't seem to notice the weapon in the logo is a phaser, that the skull was extra large (because it's a Klingon's), or that the skull's eye patch is attached with bolts. (RC/Sydney [Australia] Morning News) ...Give him a break. Real SEALs often have oversized heads, could well have bolted-on parts, and might carry space-age weapons!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
dumbass...

typical problem with the media & their reliance on the internet today..

any idiot with an opinion and a google search can get published.

That's too hilarious.

I didn't notice that the eyepatch is bolted on, but I definitely saw the phaser. I also noticed the Engrish going on with "SEALS TEAM", why would it be pluralized? While these were Germans, I thought our President said that we had to learn other languages to diversify, as they had "learned" ours? :bwahaha:

What, because there's a bird and a trident it automatically represents the USA?

Latest posts