FUELL PRISES TO RISE ASAP!!!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Graham

Reaction score
I AM FROM HUTCHINSON KS. I HEARD TODAY THAT FUEL PRICE PRICES WILL INCREAES AT LEAST .20 TO .25 CENTS PER GALLON TOMORROW BY 7:30 AM CDT. IM SURE THIS IS ALL DO TO MOTHER NATURE, SO HURRY UP AND GET FUEL FOR YOUR TRACS!!!!!!!!

GITR DONE....

Last edited by a moderator:
We knew this was coming, no surprise. Bush is actually thinking of opening the reserves. If so, this will be the first in a very long time. I hope he does, it will help with the prices a bit.

I filled up today too. $2.44 at Costco. Bad news is that I do so much driving that I will have to fill up by Friday. Thanks for the heads up.

Tommy

I heard one guy on the news saying that opening the reserves is pointless and will do nothing to help oil prices. The Oil companies have plenty of oil stockpiled and available. The problem is refining it.

Who knows what the truth is anymore? :wacko:

I feel really sorry for all those folks who are now cleaning up the flood mess.... I'm glad I live in NM... no floods, because we have no water, no earthquakes, no CA grass fires... it's hard to burn desert sand. Our gas issues are very insignificant compared to their problems, I'll pay the .20 extra per gallon to not have to clean up the flood mess!

Any excuse to raise gas prices.

So now the oil companies will make money hand over fist again. They always do when there is "shortage" of oil and gasoline.

Their windfall profits would even make Bill Gates jealous.

Actually, there is plenty of gasoline available as well. Add to that the refineries won't be idle long, and neither will the rigs in the gulf and there is no problem that should cause more than a burp in gasoline prices - if everything was running intelligently and withour greed involved.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case. Before the was any chance to even guess at how much (if at all) Katrina would affect refining capacity, gasoline jumped 20 cents on the futures market.

Which point out the problem isn't the weather or "shortages" - it's speculators on the futures market driving prices up, greedy oil companies that want to drive their record profits to even higher records and the gas stations basing their price on the futures price and not the delivered price.

So, it all boils down to greed by the oil companies & speculators and FUD by everyone else.

And in case you didn't know, FUD is Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. (A term coined to describe Microsoft's marketing strategy during the 90's but now fitting oil perfectly.)

What I don't understand is LAST SUMMER they said if we started refining our oil it would take a year before you would see any relief at the pump. Well it has been a year and now we are really being robbed at the pump. Why in the world do we not mandate opening up some of the refineries they shut down in the late 70's. I lived in Amarillo Texas and Texaco refinery had just spent millions on updating their sytem-and before it even was used they shut it down. I don't see how it could be too expensive to restore them when I expect by next summer at the current inflated price of gas, I predict we will be paying 4 or maybe even 5 bucks a gallon. The politicians don't really care because of their bloated salaries and I am sure most of them have travel expenses paid. SOmeone has to speak up for us "little guys.":angry:

I don't understand why the price of gas jumps up immediatly just because some arab farts and someone thinks it will effect the price of oil we have not even bought yet. But when the price of crude oil dropped over $2 per barrel last week, they claim it will be months before we see the price of gas go down.

I don't think releasing oil from the strategic reserves would do anything on the price of gas, since there is no oil shortage. The problem is there are not enough refineries to make the gasoline and diesel fuel.

Now they are saying that the hurricanes are causing the refineries to shut down until the storms pass and that is disrupting the flow of gasoilne. It seems odd that when a hurricane is about to hit the US, stores cannot jack up the price of food or plywood, etc because there is a shortage. That's called profiteering and they can be arrested and fined for that. I wonder why that does not apply to gasoline as well?

...Rich

The environmental issues are not the reason there haven't been more refineries built, regardless what BS the oil companies try to feed us. If that was all that was stopping them, they would have built just over the border in Mexico where the "environmental issues" were non-existent and the government would love to put more people to work. Shippign wouldn't be an issue either as it really isn't all that much further from Mexico to the US markets than it is from S. Texas and Louisiana.

Truth: The oil companies have no incentive to build new refineries or even open the older refineries. They want to run at 95%+ capacity because that is where they make the most profit. The lower the capacity, the lower the profits.

And if they do open more refineries, what happens then? The price of gasoline will drop because there will be a greater supply. And a price drop means lower profits.

So, why do YOU think they won't open or even try to build more refineries?

Rich,

Why doesn't it apply to gasoline? Take a look who is in the White House - oil men. Also, take a look at the number of bought and paid for Congressman (on both sides of the aisle.)

It's really no surprise.

I too am tired of hearing about high gas prices...but I am even much more tired of having to PAY high fuel prices. I think we should hear more about high gas prices til we are so pissed that eventually something will get done. Just my 2cents worth.

The main reason why gas prices have been rising over the past year is because China is industrializing. They are demanding more gas than ever before. This makes the demand for gas go up which in turn makes the price of gas go up. So we all can thank them instead of being mad at the small gas stations that have nothing to do with it.

So Adam we can indirectly think "China-Mart (Wal-Mart)" for helping to industrialize China, thereby driving up demand for oil?

I'm gonna blast that stupid yellow smiley face I see on the Wal-Mart commercials! :)