Fuel Pump remove bed?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZoNiE

Reaction score
Seems to me it is less hassle to remove the bed to replace the fuel pump in a Gen 1 ST. Four bolts appear all there are that hold it in place?

Tank is full and i'd rather not have to drain it to drop it. Anyone done this, or at least removed the bed? Is it just the four bolts and some wiring?

bf1e6ef19a326b770e07ad8a8a5b727e.jpg

b440452d7529c4a5f1dd779b963ea214.jpg

I had to use a plyboard and floor jack. With help to balance the tank.

Did this an my t-bird. Almost full tank and the tank was slanted. At least the trac tank is flat.

if you have a lift it is an easy task - I have been in mine 3 times - 1- GT500 Pump - 2- Bigger Intake Line 3-SuperCarPump

I think the pix shown are not GEN2

It is a pain in the ass but can be done in an hour with a lift and a lift jack - I would be worried about the box lift for scratches, wiring and all the additional work

Done. That was NOT fun.

Two different type fuel line fittings, neither one used the tool I expected to use. Just a stuck green release button out of sight. Why can't they standardize these things all over the same vehicle anyway?

Learned about a new type of fuel line. These Nylon lines are weird. No clamps, Just heat them, stick them on the barb, and they shrink back when they cool. (Had to replace one due to the damaged clip on the connector)

Was a lot easier to heat both the metal fuel line and the nylon tube. a paper towel soaked in Boiling hot water wrapped around both did the trick.

Done. That was NOT fun.

Two different type fuel line fittings, neither one used the tool I expected to use. Just a stuck green release button out of sight. Why can't they standardize these things all over the same vehicle anyway?

Learned about a new type of fuel line. These Nylon lines are weird. No clamps, Just heat them, stick them on the barb, and they shrink back when they cool. (Had to replace one due to the damaged clip on the connector)

Was a lot easier to heat both the metal fuel line and the nylon tube. a paper towel soaked in Boiling hot water wrapped around both did the trick.

Done. That was NOT fun.

Latest posts