FS: Ford Cd/Cassette

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
I have a ford cd/cassette that I just pulled out of the ST. I took it out because someone sold me a sony xplod for $20. Any interest? Any idea what it's worth? I've listed it on craigslist for $50 because I didn't know what else to ask for it.

They really are not worth that much. You will see ads on EBay for new ones between $30 and $50. Yours is used, so I would not expect much more than $20...

Thanks, I actually have someone coming to look at it and make sure it fits in his explorer ok. We'll see if he tries to talk me down.

I've looked for New OEM Radios as described here on eBay.

Haven't seen any for $30-50. Do you have a link?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen them listed here on craiglist for over $100 usually closer to $200. That's not saying that people actually sell them for that price. So far nobody has expressed interest in trying to negotiate so maybe I'll relist cheaper or just give it to my father in law.

John Z:

I'm still waiting for a link to a $30 OEM radio for the ST.

I'm not able to find one at that price...or even close.

If you want to criticize the price of something someone has for sale with conjecture, you should at least be able to provide proof that what you say is indeed true.

This kind of goes along with what Todd Z was saying in another thread.

Edit:

If a person isn't interested in buying an item for sale, they should stay out of the conversation.

I've learned that there is a lot of junk on eBay. You don't always get what you pay for. And they list an item at a low price then stick it to you on shipping. That keeps the percentage they have to pay to eBay for the sale at a minimum.

I ended up with a spare one of those and it will sit on the shelf and draw dust before I'll take $50 for it! That's an extremely fair price! They'll fit most any Ford unless the double DIN face/single DIN chassis is required for vent clearance. May require rearranging the wiring but that's easy!

This kind of goes along with what Todd Z was saying in another thread.

Edit:

If a person isn't interested in buying an item for sale, they should stay out of the conversation

Now there's a man that knows a bargain when he sees it!

Ahem....

When you're spouting out about how things are overpriced, not worth buying, etc. etc. it's called thread crapping.

Now, if you email the person and tell them you think they're asking too much that's different. If you post that the person has ripped you off in the past that is too.

If I don't get at least $50 shipped for it then I'm giving it to my father-in-law to put in his cruiser.

If I don't get at least $50 shipped for it then I'm giving it to my father-in-law to put in his cruiser.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

What kind of cruiser???????

If you're speaking of a Crown Vic tell me the year...............

You'll love the P71. I've had several of them and would prefer it any day over my wife's Mustang! I really miss mine. They have pretty good power, handle great and will get 20-21+ MPG driving the crap out of it! I've found a few folks that just really didn't want to ride in it though, especially in the back seat!:lol: :lol:

The ST radio you have won't fit in an '02 though. Rather than going into it I'll just post this link and you can see for yourself.

683aa7cad32c50beb87256001dca2e36.jpg

I have a 2002 P71 that I bought a year or so ago. Like it a lot.

Didn't realize they were available for new purchase by private individuals.

Latest posts