FS: C&L MAF

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
This is the item that the Zabeteck Boys sell. Why am I selling it? Long story - but u can do a search for my name and you'll see what all I've been thru with my transmission and how I had to compromise with Ford recently and removing the MAF was in the agreement.

Anyways, It is in perfect shape... Not even 4 months old.

I have a coupling and flange to hook it up to your aftermarket intake. However, whether that set up will work depends on what you are currently running. If you have a K&N FIPK then you should be fine.

$150.00 shipped.

I can get some pics available if need be.

Some pics

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The sensor is still on because I don't have the bit to remove it with me at the office!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read your post on the issue with the K&N FIPK coating the MAFS. My strong feeling is that it is not the C&L housing, but the K&N filter itself. Why? Because about 6 yrs. ago I had a Ford electrical technician tell me not to use any oiled filter on my ST because of the bleed through onto the MAFS. The tech. also showed me how to clean the MAFS by spraying CRC Electrical Cleaner on the 2 little sensor wires inside the MAFS. DO NOT touch those wires or it will cost you. Shortly there after I switched to an AirAid CAI because the AirAid filter uses less oil. I am currently running the C&L MAFS housing w/ the AirAid CAI w/ no problems. As soon as I can do it I am going to change out the AirAid filter to an AFE DRY filter.

huh... I might purchase another filter but I think it's just the amount of oil I sprayed on that cause the MAF Sensor to go sour. They aren't supposed to be 'coated,' which is what I think I may have done in the past. Either way the MAF housing is for sale because if I take the trac back to Ford and there is a aftermarket anything on the intake they are going to void my warranty... And from what I remember the only way they could find evidence that I had indeed switched any of my intake equipment is the screws on the MAF sensor have an ink on them that Ford places there to make sure this very thing doesn't happen. But if I hadn't had all these prior tranny problems I wouldn't have Ford on my case and this would still be in the trac! :(

I use a K&N intake. I use a K&N Oil filter. I refuse to use a K&N air filter. That coating being one of the two main reasons.

Woppy V, Remove the intake (anything) before you take the ST in to the Dealer.

Dingo, What difference does the K&N Green make? You are running a V8 right? The Ford tech. also told me that it was O.K. to use an aftermarket (i.e. oiled) filter on a Mustang. So, maybe it is the type of engine that makes the difference.

Green filters are made by Green, not K&N. http://www.greenfilterusa.com They're made with 2 layers of woven cotton like a dress shirt, not 4 layers of loose gauze.