FS:: Behind seat Ported box w/ 2 Kicker L7 8's

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Beaman

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have recently went bigger with my system so thought i'd put this up for you guys...

I had this box made, because I didn't feel like doing all the nessesary cuts in the back to get all the space possible. It's for First gen's, 01-05's

It goes behind the back seats, the plastic trim/jack/stock sub has to be removed and a wee bit of trimming, but well worth it for the bass and clean sound these put out. It's covered in tan carpet which matches almost perfect with the stock tan interior. The sound is very tight for a ported box but gets good n loud when needed too. it is about 1.5cu.ft tuned to 34hz. The subs are Kicker 08' version 8" L7's, dual 2 voice coils, can be wired at 2 or .5 ohms. The subs are like new as I replaced a pair of 06' versions with these a couple months ago. Most hidden loud setup you can do in a sport trac besides 3-4 sealed 10's. Needs 1000w RMS for full potential, but anything from 600+ will work for some great bass. Has a nice terminal cup on the sub side of the box too for easy wiring.

$400 Picked up, or about $480 shipped. I paid $300 for the box itself to be made for me. And everyone knows L7's aren't cheap :)

Also have a awesome Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1 power series amp that I'll sell for $200 that works GREAT with these subs.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it is a nice set up and I considered buying from you just so i wouldn't have to build another box when I decide to go vented, but I bought both my subs as soon as they hit the market and built my box and bought my amp used for less than your price. Its kinda hard to get much, price wise out of enclosures. And buying used subs is a gamble for a lot of people who know anything about them. But If you split up the set I may be willing to buy one of the subs. Just cause I'd like to play with that 8" L7 and test its limits.

hmm. Well price wise, I'm willing to work....just shipping kills. you honestly wont find a better/louder box to fit stealth in a sport trac...it's worth the extra money...as everyone pays $120-150 for a prefab sealed box that goes under the seat...lol.

Color wise, well, matches the tan interiors perfect.

Latest posts