Frontend isn't finished yet but here's the new wheels/ tires mounted.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Gerner 2

Reaction score
I've had these wheels/ tires for over a month now and getting antsy to mount them but I wanted to install the new balljoints, axle shaft seals, front diff pinion seal and get an alignment first.

I've been waiting to get into my buddy's garage but he's been extremely busy (8a.m.-10/12p.m.) yep he's been busy.

Now that I bought my wife a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer V8 AWD I have the Sport Trac full time so I can park it and work on it.

I installed the new lower ball joints on both sides, axle shaft seals, just waiting for the right side upper control arm to finish up. I had a new two piece UCA but I broke (Pa. rust) the adjuster bolt on the upper piece so I'll just use the new lower piece on the Mountaineer and I ordered a new one piece UCA.

Anyway, I couldn't wait any longer so I mounted the rears today and here's some teaser pic's. What do ya'll think?

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's one reason why I'm doing everything now to get the Trac in good working order so I don't as many unwanted surprises later.

:banana::haveabeer:

Nice Jerry,,but I miss that tal-hadas bar...:sad:

Have you thought about using the mounty wheels for your winter. And putting the trac oems on the mounty. You said, you were saving the trac oems for your winters. I just think the trac oems would look good on the mounty.

When I had the Tal & Hadas rear sport bar on I had steel nuts on the brackets along with the stainless T&H nuts and the steel nuts decided to run some stains down the bed sides with the help of the greta overused Pa. road salt.

I plan on ding a long over due claybar, compound, buff,a nd wax to bring the paint back to life. Just another item on my ever groing list.

Latest posts