Front swaybar end links

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S 2

Reaction score
With just over 35K miles on my 2X, 05 ST, the left front swaybar lower endlink decided to let go. Time and time again, the endlinks are talked about on here and AutoZone is always brought up. Supposedly, they are an AutoZone p/n but parts are actually Moog. Went to AutoZone earlier today and they had none. They, along with the bushings, showed in their system as a go to dealer item. Huh????

Anyway, went across the street to O'reilly's to check. They had the actual lifetime Moog boxed Problem Solver links (p/n K7275) for $17.99 each. They had to order the swaybar bushings (also Moog) but they should be in on tuesday. They also carry the Moog balljoints.

Anyway, only the left was broken but I changed out both left & right. Don't really discern any noticeable improvement, other than not broken, but it's nice knowing I won't have to worry about them anymore. Took a total of 1 hour to change both out including the time spent in both stores.

So, if someone need the links, O'reilly's has them as well Moog branded.

Thanks to all who have shared the endlink info.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie:

By centerpost, you mean the anodized "sleeve/spacer? I originally wanted to put the OEM plastic sleeve back on but found out it was too long. I figured by that finding, the Moogs offered a little pre-load compared to OEM anyway. Am I correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
because of the overall size of the factory, bushings included. They are very close. Dont use the plastic sleeves. Yes I cut the spacer shorter. It is up to you. make shure you tighten the bolt until the poly bushings bulge to the size of the washers or slightly larger. For what ever way you choose.

Dave,

You should have notice better cornering. If you have not done so, change out your shocks to Monroe Reflex, and upgrade your rear sway bar too. I was skeptical before I changed out the shocks and rear sway bar, and now you could not pay me to remove the rear sway bar.

Rodger:

I changed the OEM shocks over to Rancho RSX's and have the EE rear sway bar a couple of years ago. Yes, hella difference!!!

You know, after the endlink swap, I just ran over some bumps and concentated on the response and lack of "noise". Never did any cornering maneuvers. Guess I'll have to do that in a few.