Front Swaybar Bushing ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S 2

Reaction score
Just a question about the front swaybar to frame bushings. On saturday, I changed the endlinks and had to order the frame bushing, which I picked up and installed today.

The question I have is, what color / material are the OEM bushings made of? I ask because when I removed the existing ones, they were an off white color. With all the dirt on them, they looked black to me when installed, like rubber, but once off and cleaned, they were an off white color and felt like poly bushings.

I bought my 05 ST with about 7K miles on it and figured everything was OEM. Are the OEM bushings white colored or have they been changed before I got it? Curiosity got me wondering why they would have been changed? Surely not because they were better, considering the shocks, endlinks and any other part were OEM.

Thanks,

Thanks TP. Had me wondering why they'd have been changed before I purchased it. I bought the Moogs and I must say, if the ones I removed were in fact OEM, they had a better idea. The ID of the bushings I took out had recesses within them. Kinda like honeycomb cells in which to hold the grease but the Moogs had a smooth ID. Packed em with lithium grease upon install though.

Anyway, after new endlinks and frame bushings, I still have a squeek that is driving me nuts!!! Especially when I turn the steering to the left!!!

Again, thanks TP...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lithium grease will wear off too quickly.

Use this: http://www.jegs.com/i/Energy+Suspension/355/9-11104/10002/-1

I used to have a clip of my front after I installed the Addco bar and used lithium grease. It was loud as hell. I went with Energy Suspension's lubricant about 14 months ago and have not had a peep since.

If Jeff C ever pops on, he has a tub that I sent him to use and pass on. He may still have it, and thus you can get some for free--as long as you, too, pass it on.