Front Sway Bar End Links

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Miller

Reaction score
I cannot recall the article about replacing the front end links complete with photos. Does anyone remember or can you forward me the link for the front only?

Also is there any prep before installing the rubbber busings...I.E. pre-lubricant on the busings before they are installed against the control arm or sway bar ?

Thank you.

Rodger- I have the same problem with the Moog rubber bushings. (Grommets)

Did you use the 7/16 inch Moog hardware? Can't find ES bushings larger than 3/8" I.D.

I assume you drilled them out to the larger 7/16 inch size. (9.8106) Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly recommend using Energy Suspension bushings as the MOOG busnings on my front end links have almost failed.

Thats odd mine are in perfect condition. I even shortened my center post at stock hieght.

Were yours over tightend and they split??

I have had that problem, some yrs back with, red ES endlink bushings split and crumbled on me.

"88 T-bird lowered 1 1/2". Links were moded to compensate the drop. I cant remember what I used, in place of the crumbled ES.

:banana: WOW ! I put the front sway bar links on yesterday. They felt so good that I had to take a 50 mile trip ! When I got home I gave the ST a bath and a coat of wax. What a wonderful trip.

What a difference ! It was like my entire front end had been replaced. Firmed it up...like RIGHT NOW ! Biggest bag for the buck of any upgrade that I've ever tried on any vehicle that I have owned.

I cannot wait till I try the rear kit.

Latest posts