Front Suspension Rebuild

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Stehle

Reaction score
My Trac just rolled past 106k and I'm getting ready for this years' vehicle inspection. Last year I needed a right side wheel bearing hub assembly, which ended up costing my $400 to have done. I'm guessing by now it's probably worth replacing the other side and other worn suspension parts on my own. I'm planning on new upper control arms w/ ball joints, lower ball joints, and left side wheel bearing hub assembly. It's already got moog sway bar end links and I'll be checking brakes. I'm also planning on an alignment and new tires after I'm done. Are there any other "while I'm in there" parts I should replace when doing this job?

Good question mjs3350, I am about to embark on the same project! Wondering if folks can help out with part numbers too. 01 4x4 here.....with 187k

Probably will go with Rock Auto, just seeing if there is anything I should take care of while I'm swapping these parts:

2x Moog K8695T Ball Joint

1x Moog K80068 Front Upper Control Arm and Ball Joint

1x Moog K8708T Control Arm with Ball Joint

2x Moog K80065 Cam Bolt Kit

1x Raybestos 715052 Professional Grade Wheel Hub and Bearing Assembly

Check Amazon.com, too. That's where I buy most of my stuff, but sometimes you get goofy high pricing on some items.

Ditto. Amazon's usually free shipping is a huge bonus, especially to Hawaii. Only complaints are Amazon's fitment

guides and pics can be very innacurate. Confirm by comparing part numbers with other sites such as RockAuto, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I wonder if the previous owner was a member here, because it already had the Moog front links and reflex shocks when I got her. The parts are all in now. Drivers side took me about 5 hours, passenger side took about 3 as I got a little experience and there is a lot more room to access the upper control arm bolts. I'm sore today but it beats paying someone else to do it. The trac is in the shop getting new rubber and an alignment right now.

Latest posts