Front Rotor Moves on Studs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bk10s

Reaction score
2002 Sport Trac, 225K. Recently, I noticed a "click" from the front left when braking. Upon inspection, the only thing I could find is that the brake rotor will pivot on the wheel studs, like the holes in the rotor are too big? I have 25K on this set of rotors (Bosch). Lug nuts are all torqued to 100 ft/lbs., Caliper bracket is tight, Caliper slide bolts tight, brake pads and clips all secure, 25K on new Motorcraft hub and that is tight. Everything else looks good. Has this happened to anyone? Remedy?

Its odd that's the click, then it would "reset" in reverse and then click forward. If it clicks forward, Then clicks again forward, id look towards upper arm bushings.... Spray each joint 1 at a time with WD and drive... Also lower ball joints suck on these...

Reporting back. Got to the bottom of this. Caliper pins were frozen in place, not allowing pads any movement whatsoever. I gave up trying to get them out of the bracket and picked up a new caliper bracket and pins. What do you use for lube on the pins? I used a synthetic grease when I replaced brakes and rotors a few years ago. Some people use anti-seize.

Latest posts