Front End Work - Parts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris TosteJr

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Wanted to make sure I have the right parts. Finally got some funds together to get this work done. Due to a lot of reading from various forums on top of this one (my primary source) these are all MOOG parts. Heres what I am looking to order:

Front Driver Lower - CK620319

Front Driver Upper - CK8708T

Front Passenger Lower - CK620320

Front Passenger Upper - CK8710T

I am also looking at getting the Moog K80080 Front Sway Bar Frame Bushing and Moog ES3667 Tie Rod End. I will be installing my Rancho RS5000 Shocks and Moog K7275 Sway Bar Link Kit that I have been sitting on for over a year now at this time as well (those stock ones are scary at times).

On a side note, would this end my very annoying squeaking that I and my neighbors have suffered with?

I really appreciate y'alls help. Love this board. Thanks y'all in advance. :supercool:

Upper and lower control arms appear correct. Unless the LCA bushings are worn, most replace only the lower ball joints. (K8695T). I believe 4x4 front sway bar frame bushings

are larger than 29mm, measure with a caliper, crescent, or open ended wrench. I always check aftermarket parts fitment and prices on RockAuto. Also compare Amazon pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do thank you swshawaii. I will forgo the sway bar bushing for now.

Check your passenger side UCA to confirm one or two piece before ordering.

So from my further research, it looks like the one-piece UCA from MOOG can replace the two-piece UCA. I looked and I am pretty sure I have a two-piece CA. Want to verify with those more knowledgable than myself.

Once again, my thanks to all on this board!

I believe this is true, however I think this means that alignments will have to be accomplished with shims ("old school" method) instead of the adjustable two-piece, bolt and lock nut, design.

This may be a good thing because I have no luck keeping an alignment for long with the two-piece design. You may get crap from some alignment shops because of the "extra" work, but I think it's a better method.

Thoughts??

I had the upper control arm replaced in 2005. They installed the two-piece design. Bastards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts