Front End Rebuild

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Spann

Reaction score
Guys,

I am looking at rebuilding my front end. I want to make sure I am not missing any parts I need. I am thinking (all Moog parts)

Lower Ball joint x2

Upper control arms w/ball joints

Inner and Outer Tie rods on both sides (right?)

I want to do it all myself then take it for an alignment. Is there anything else that may need replacement? Shocks I guess.

Gary

You might wanna change out the axle shaft seals while you have everything apart if thery're leaking, I did both of mine when I did my uppers and lowers.

No, they don't. Do you have a 4wd or 2wd? If a 2wd you don't have to worry about this as you won't have them. If you have a 4wd jsut look under the frontend and see if you have any leaks from the ends of the front differential where the axle shafts go in, if you do then I would suggest replacing them since you have everything apart and out of the way anyway. I'm also gonna have the front pinion seal replaced, I have the seal but kinda leary about doing this myself.

Yep, your good then. Have you replaced your sway bar endlinks yet? if not get the Moog problem solver kit form Auto Zone or or parts stores and it'll make a huge difference, might wanna do the rear sway bar bushings if doing fronts.

This then? http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Sway-Bar-Link-Kit-Moog_20517009-P_78_R|GRPCHASAMS_715261756____