Front Brake Rotors Stuck on

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neal Kyer

Reaction score
Hey its me again, Im wanting to replace my front brake rotors and pads. I have already taken off the caliper and the bracket. The rotor doesnt seem to want to come off. its in pretty bad shape. I shouldnt have to take off that center nut to pull the rotor off should i? That has never been the case with my other vehicles. Any tips or tricks would be great.

give the rotor a good smack with a hammer and it should pop right off.... you should not have to remove the center nut.

Me get em big hammer. wackem hard many time. Rotor come off. Thanks for the info. I was just certain it should slip off. you should see how crappy the rotor and pads were. I cant believe i was even driving with those hunks of crap. Scary.

Wire brush the hub and place a super thin layer of anti seize around the hub where the rotor sits to be sure of a tight proper re install and a nice removal next time..

Todd Z

If you do not plan on keeping the old rotor (worn out), then by all means wack it with a hammer, but if you hope to reuse the rotors, then use a brake drum puller (they work on stuck disks too). Then add the anti-seize compound before you put the rotor back on.

...Rich