Free carfax

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attn: Dave S.- Thanks for the "gratis" CARFAX report. Bought my '05 XLS 3/09 without getting one. Hired and flew a certified mechanic to Maui instead. Worth ever penny.

This is good to have though. Didn't know I was the third owner, first owned it for only 13.5K

P.S.- Checked the R & R web site. (americanroyalarts.com) NICE STUFF. Don't like having to email or call for pricing, however. "If I have to ask, I CAN'T afford it." LOL

Aloha, Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have to pay for a report, use Autocheck.com. It's $19.99 vs Carfax at $29.99. The information contained in the report is identical to that found on a Carfax report. Autocheck.com is run by Experian, the credit reporting/rating company, so I'd say the auto info is pretty reliable.

I ran one from Autocheck when purchasing my '08 Mustang earlier this summer, and it told me everything I needed to know: Build date, first title date, etc.

Thanks for the link.

I already had a report on my ST, so I ran it on my wife's Jeep. Since she bought it new, this was the first vehicle history report we have for it. Carfax reports an inconsistent odometer reading, saying it was purchased on 03/14/05, and was delivered on 03/15/05 with 3,272 miles on it. The next service on 10/04/05 had a reading of 2,062 miles. Obviously an error, but it casts a cloud on the accuracy of other data reported.

I'd be really disappointed if I'd paid for the report.

:huh:

Looks so Andy...Was supposed to be good until midnight tonight but must have ended it early...

Uh huh...

"The most important decision you can make right now is what do you stand for, Danny

(gary s)... goodness or badness?"

:p

Latest posts