Found a Wrangler! Now...to sell the Trac, hmmmm

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tig OBit

Reaction score
Well I found a 97 Wrangler 4x4 with auto trans and 69k for $7,000 and bought it. Thanks for those on the site who suggested that I go with a 6 instead of a 4 cylinder.

Thinking about selling the Sport trac. Can't decide. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Well everybody have a good day!

Oh, before I get slammed for trading my newer ST in for a Wrangler, I guess I could explain my rationale. 1) its cheaper 2) moving to Pittsburgh and would like something smaller, older, and easier to park in the big city

Last edited by a moderator:
Tig: congrats on the new purchase. Hope you don't expect to get better gas mileage with the Wrangler. My Dad owns a '05 Wrangler with the inline 6 cylinder and auto tranny and only gets 14-18mpg. He bought his to tow behind his RV, so the fuel economy of the Wrangler was not an issue - he wanted a vehicle that could be towed without a dolly.

Wranglers are really not very fuel efficient for their size.

Hope you don't expect to get better gas mileage with the Wrangler.

A friend at work has a 1999 Wrangler with a 4 cylinder. It gets worse gas mileage then the wrangler Darin talked about. It does around 8 to 10 MPG. (of course, it has 5.13 gears and is lifted 12" and has 37" tires on it...LOL)

Tom

I have a Wrangler 4x4, inline 6, in addition to my ST. Thinking about selling the wrangler. And yes the wrangler gets the same or worse gas mileage. Great offroad vehicle though, hate parting with it but who needs two vehicles.:rolleyes:

tig bit......you're going to need that Wrangler up there in Pissburg:lol:, I mean Pittsburgh;), I've been up there and I don't think there is a flat spot to park on. My hotel was on a tall hill, the shopping center was down low, and I found iit to be a beautiful city, just real mountainous and eneven. Go have fun on the tram or whatever it is that is across the river from downtown Pittsburgh in your jeep:eek:. It should be fun for you up there. Make sure you sell the Trac to someone responsible and who will give it the loving attention it deserves. Oh yeah, give them this website address so we can welcome them here!

I sold my wrangler in order to get the Sport Trac! Jeeps don't pull boats very well. It felt like the boat was pulling me! The jeep was a blast, though. 15 MPG with 6 cyl, 2" lift and 32" tires.

jfire

You'll be sorreeeeee! They're fun in the summer w/o doors and such, but wait til you get that rag top on the freeway and it goes,"fwup fwup fwup "so loud it feels like your ears are gonna explode! My sister traded hers for an Escape. She's doing much better now.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had Wranglers (and CJ's for that matter) for years, but rarely as my only vehicle. They make a great second fun toy, but I would rather have something enclosed for everyday driving. With that said, I'd love to find another cheap Wrangler in pretty good shape.:rolleyes:

Gee, Bart... ever hear of fiberglass tops for Wranglers? They seal up the compartment pretty well compared to a ragtop.

Latest posts