Fortera TripleTred

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Ellis

Reaction score
Getting Goodyear Fortera TripleTreds today. Michelin Cross Terrains [OEM] were very good but was time to replace them at about 63,000 miles. On tire Rack site, Fortera TT's are rated number one so guess I'll see how they do on the Trac. Also had wheel bearings cleaned and packed as well as front end alignment. Except for tranny flush at 30K, this is only time I've spent money to have work done by somebody else. I've done all other routine maintenance.

Anybody else have any experience with the Fortera TT's?

Are they the same as the Silent Armor ones?? I had the Silet Armors on my '01 Trac for about 6 months before I sold it and loved them. Teh Trac came with Cross Terrains on it, I put on Dueler Revos and then the Goodyear SA's. They were a good tire. Great on wet, dry and decent on snow.

Silent Armor is a new series of Goodyear tires which the Triple Tread and Fortera fall under. The Triple Tread has the more aggressive "V wedge" tread for water channeling I think.

Bill, what's the damage on the tires if I may ask?

i am far from being a goodyear fan after the scares i had with my 03 with rts tires but i will admit that my new 07 came with the forteras and the are hands down a better tire.

I have always gotten good tire service from Goodyear tires, however the Wrangler RT/S tires that came on my 2003 Sport Trac have the worst wet weather traction of any modern tire I have ever owned. I had to have them siped to get enough traction to drive it in the rain. On the good side, they are wearing pretty good at just over 30K miles, and tide is OK so far.

Like most other tire companies, they make cheap tires and better tires. The cheap ones to the OEM vehicle manufacturers and discount tire outlets. The better quality tires go to better tire stores.

....Rich

Mine are going on almost 20K miles and are still going great. I had the Cross Terrains prior to the Triple Treds, and although those were great I think these are better. They handle very well in snow and heavy rain. They're very quiet and the tread is still plenty thick even after a year of heavy driving.

I bought the Fortera Tires since the factory installed tires were horrible in the rain (Wrangler RT/S), I live in Louisiana where the roads get slippery in the rain. The Forteras are great in the rain, it handles really well. These tires were recommended by several people including this site (many thanks), they are pricey, but well worth it.

I had to go by the Goodyear store this morning to have a leak fixed on the Sport Trac. (picked up a nail)

While I was there I asked about the Triple Tread Forteras. 265/70-16 cost $180 each. He said to watch the paper since they go on sale for about 3-4 days every month (10$ discount)

I don't need tires yet (only 31K miles on my 2003 ST), but I would like to get these old slippery Wrangler RT/S tires out from under my Sport Trac.

...Rich