Forrest Griffin.... NEW UFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I agree with the decision but it happened non the less. Either way it was a very entertaining fight.

Dallas

Damn. Not that forrest won, but that I didn't want to know till I saw it.

The title should have said, UFC fight spoiler.

But thanks for the info anyway. :)

new Chad

Was a very close fight, and I don't know if I agree with it either... it was definitely hard to call. I know Forrest owned him in the 2nd, but the rest of the rounds looked to me like Rampage connected way more often... especially with that right uppercut, almost knocked him out on several occasions.

UFC Rocks though, cant wait to see my main man Anderson Silva in a couple weeks!

Good fight indeed. I honestly would have bet money that Rampage would have won.... but his head didn't seem in the fight. Not sure if anyone else noticed... but he was more concerned about how he looked on the camera! lol

I hate to use the conspiracy card but every so often there's a fight that just doesn't look right. I expected Rampage to win, and seeing as he was the champ, I was surprised that Griffin didn't have to do more to win. That being said, it looked like Jackson had a bad ankle and clearly Griffin did some damage to the knee, which led to extremely limited mobility on Jackson's part. Seeing as Griffin was the season 1 TUF winner and has climbed the ladder as he has, there was alot riding on this fight, specifically for Griffin to win. Jackson looks like he will need surgery on his knee and which made it easier to "give" the belt to Griffin. The conspiracy comes in with the lack of emotion at the end of the fight. Griffin seemed like it was just another fight. I recall a few fights back he was balling when he lost to Jardine. His emotions just didn't seem right. Jackson was pretty blah too and he usually has alot to say, even when he has lost. Yeah, the "conspiracy" stuff tends to be silly but there has been a fair amount of admitted "planned" fights in MMA.

On a side note, I was horribly dissappointed with the Almeida fight. I expected alot more from him.

End of my BS.

Don't watch it too much, but I am looking forward to seeing Lesner Fight again soon. Paint him green and he could be a real life Hulk

I would almost lean to the conspiracy also... If Forrest would have lost it was a done deal.. Now they have a rematch and Rampage wins which sets up for another couple big pay days ....

To expand on what 23Ballistic is saying.... <a href="http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=13575"target=top>Possible UFC 86 protest</a>.

I'm sure no one cares, not a big deal to me, just observations from being a fan.