Forgotten Hero's

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beegle 2

Reaction score
Some of you might remember I had written about an Angel Flight service that I had the privilege of attending for one of our fallen paratroopers. This happened the same day the Michael Jackson passed. I know everyone here knows who Michael Jackson is, but no one knows who this fallen hero is. Let me introduce you to 1st LT Brian N. Bradshaw.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,530361,00.html?test=latestnews

Though the Jackson ordeal may have buried your "Angel," it now looks as though he is getting his due because of that.

Ironic how things work sometimes.

To be clear, chances are great that there would not have been an article put out on your Angel as we here in America are almost numb to the deaths coming from the war.

I am not, I read the names every day in the paper, but it is a conscious effort on my behalf.

I am glad to see that he got personal attention, it is a shame he had to die to receive the recognition.

This made me feel sick:

The deaths of seven U.S. soldiers killed in Afghanistan on Monday received just 1/20th of the network television news coverage devoted to Jackson, according to an analysis by the Media Research Center, a Virginia-based news analysis organization.

The seven deaths garnered less than one minute of coverage on ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts combined, including just 13 seconds on CBS, compared to more than 13 minutes of Jackson-related news. That's a 60-to-1 disparity, the analysis found.

And this made me feel hopeful that at least some political leaders do not get caught up in what is "popular" in american society:

King said Jackson had been excessively praised in the days after his death while society ignored the efforts of teachers, police officers and veterans. In the two-minute video, King called the "day in and day out" coverage of Jackson's death "too politically correct."

"Let's knock out the psychobabble," he said in the video, which was taped outside an American Legion Hall in his district. "He was a pervert, a child molester; he was a pedophile. And to be giving this much coverage to him, day in and day out, what does it say about us as a country? I just think we're too politically correct."

Thank-you for your service paratigger. Please let your brothers in arms know that we care deeply about them and most of us couldn't care less about the celebrities who have, unfortunately, been given iconic status when it is people like yourselves who deserve it much, much more.

Paratigger, he was from my neck of the woods, and the memorial service was held here too. Was there anything about him in our local newspapers? Nope. There is, however, a small local newspaper for Maple Valley and Black Diamond that isn't afraid to tell these kind of stories, and even has the gall to put, in big bold letters, Merry Christmas, on thier front cover.

They are not online, but free. They put in names and little stories of soldiers that are from the area whenever they are deployed, pass basic training, get promotions, or sacrifice thier all. I read it more than our local papers.

I wish there was more mainstream media that would give these hero's, 'Kings of Freedom', the coverage they have earned. If it wasn't for the men and women that have fought and died, there would be no freedom of press.

Thanks for all that you have done and continue to do for this country, and for my family. And props out to all those men and women who stand beside you.

KFAN, a local sports talk radio station here in Minneapolis/St. Paul (AM 1130), has a morning drive-time show called "The Power Trip Morning Show". Its primary host is Mike Morris, a former Minnesota Vikings player who goes by the moniker "The Superstar". The show's co-host, Chris Hawkey, is also a singer in a local rock band. It's a decent program--it's not nearly as ego-driven as the show name and the host's moniker may make it sound.

Each morning for about the past 8 years (since 9/11), they've been ending the show with a segment called "The True Superstar of the Day"--an acknowledgement that the host, when it comes right down to it, is just a radio personality, and not nearly as deserving of the "Superstar" moniker as so many other men and women out there. In the segment, they pick a recently-fallen soldier (when it first started, it also used fire and police officers who perished on 9/11) and tell us some info about him/her--where they're from, who old they were, what family they had, how/when/where they died, and any other information they can get ahold of. They then ask everyone to keep that soldier and their family in their minds and their prayers that day. During the entire segment, a song written and performed by Hawkey and his band, expressing their gratitude and debt to all of our fallen soldiers, is playing in the background. It's one of the classiest regularly-running segments I've seen/heard in recent years.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really iritates me when any hollywood types, gets the attention they do. Our news media crams junk news down our throats. I think all the real hero's in hollywood have passed away.

God bless our soldiers and their families.:wub:

Just like other junk the media has crammed.....I better not go there!

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And prayers for the families left behind.

Latest posts