Foreclosures lead to abandoned animals

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The house was ravaged — its floors ripped, walls busted and lights smashed by owners who trashed their home before a bank foreclosed on it. Hidden in the wreckage was an abandoned member of the family: a starving pit bull.

Where to even begin. Irresponsibly took an ARM. Trashed the house that they couldn't pay for based on their own foolishness. Left the pet to die. Simply--moronic scumballs.

When I bought my house three years ago, my bank suggested an ARM. It was 1% lower than my fixed loan, which is 5.8%. I liked the idea that the fixed 5.8% will not change for 30 years. I am glad I made that choice, because otherwise, my house would be gone right now. Instead, now I am renting it to cover the payments.

The tenant is building my equity and the housing market in my neighborhood is excellent. A house sold three months ago on my street, which is not as nice as mine for $90,000. My purchase price was $68,000. Prices in Oklahoma City are very reasonable, but I also got a very good deal on my place. OKC is also experiencing economic growth, even though a lot of the US is facing a recession.

Regarding abandoned animals, these people are irresponsible and uncaring. If I was a child, I would be very concerned if these were my parents, since if they can do this to a pet, they could also abandon a child if thimes were bad enough.

Some people are just stupid. perid. First, if they could not take the dog with them, then why not take it to a shelter or try and find a home for it? The property was forclosed on, so they had at least 3 months to check on a home for it. Since they owned the home....how dumb could they be? Leaving the animal in the property, starving, didn't they realize it would not be hard to figure out who left the animal in there? duh! The bank should file animal neglect charges against the owner.

I wouldn't dub these animals as "foreclosure" pets. they are simply neglected pets and the owners that left them should be charged with the crime. Just because you lose your home does not mean you have to lose your animal or abandon them. They had the choice to find homes for them or other wise if they could not take the pet with them. Think of the children that had to leave their pets...what are the parents that do this teching them?!!!!

SIMPLE MINDED PEOPLE! GRRRRRRR!:angry:

This makes me "mad and sad" at the same time. My wife and I are cat lovers. Over the years we have taken in many and found homes for many. We have even taken patience and time with some that were a little ferel and domesticated them.

We only have one 3yr old female cat now, she was ferel and half grown when we got her. She is very possesive and wont allow other cats. So we find all the strays homes nowdays. Before her, the last of our 4 cats died at age 17.

I really cant understand people that have no respect for animals. Like Adam said, Morons.

These people aggravate me. In most states there is prosecution, but in many cases I think animal neglect is a misdemeanor. I am down to 5 cats in my home and they are all strays.

I love cats, but it makes me sad to see any animal abused or neglected, because they do not understand they are not to blame.

Domesticated pet, especially dogs, are the most amazing creatures. They will love you unconditionaly even if you mean to them. I hate it when their loyalty is repaid like this.

There are just not enough of the Animal Cops in the US. I think the city of New York has 10 agents to handle all neglect and abuse cases.

Just to give you an idea In New York City

8 Million people

5 Million animals

20 people work for Humane Law Enforcement

So even with the laws, trying to catch all of these idiots that hurt and abandone they animals is almost impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts