Ford's quarterly loss balloons to $254 million

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted deleted

Reaction score
More bad news for Ford...

The article mentions that Toyota sold more cars in the US than Ford did last month...

Toyota beating Ford in sales displays a continuation of the mass-delusion most Americans are under…the delusion that Toyota is of better quality and value than Ford. Stupid sheep, programmed by Madison Avenue and Consumer Reports, when will they learn?

Sorry, I would talk more, but I have to check on my ’04 Mercury that is at the dealer for the 6th time for tranny maintenance.

TJR

Fred: Don't take my posts in the wrong vein. I'm not anti-American in any way. The point here is that Ford basically abandoned the small car market and pinned their futures on big trucks and SUV's and now they are paying for that mistake.

Let's hope they learn from this and avoid complete collapse.

Sorry Darin. You're right. I get ill when I think about how our great country is quickly spiraling downward.

I plan on buying the stock soon. Ford may get a taxpayer bailout ala Chrysler....or has sentiment toward that type of arrangement changed?

45% structure (LL5-LL1) reduction coming... :(

Darin, Ford lost (looses) hundreds of $ on every small car sold... Ford can NOT make money in USA selling small cars built here. btw, Focus is best suspension/handleling of all small cars (no, I don't own one).

x: and where did you come up with the statement that the 'Focus' is the best suspension/handling of all small cars? You are foolin' me!

I owned a 2000 Focus ZTS 5 speed for three years. It was one of the best handling cars I have ever driven.

Currently own an 03 Trac and an 04 Cobra. I wish the Cobra handled as well as the Focus.

Plan on addding a new Focus to the stable in a year or so.

David <><

Too bad the Focus is ugly.

I really wish they would do something to make it look better.

Tom

Check out G.M.'s Holden Commodore VE, soon to be released in the U.S. as either

the new Chevy Malibu, or most likely the New Generation Chevy Implala/Caprice!!!

And the Focus version, for Ford, is in Europe, also, but they won't/can't bring it to the

U.S. for several different reasons! It is hot over there, and people are begging for that

version of the Focus to be brought to the U.S.!

P.S.... Tom,

We're fixin' to have to "Circle the Wagons"!;)

Euro Focus is HOT. I'd love to have one of those. Maybe if Ford would bring some of it's foreign vehicles back home, their sales wouldn't be so low. I might even consider selling my ST for one of these.

[Broken External Image]:

I saw that vehicle a few years ago when I first started checking out the 'trac site, and a

few other Ford sites. I believe, (what was written at the time) is that it was a concept

vehicle with a Ford Mustand front end, and the bed of a Ford Ranger grafted on, in some

way!

p.S. Here's the 'Trac that I'd like to have!!!!:D:rolleyes::wub::rolleyes::D:cool:

tracnblack, it is the Ford F6 Tornado, available in Australia, along with a few other "performance vehicles" in Ford AU's FPV program. They have one that's basically a 4-door Mustang. With how popular the Mustang is here, I'm willing to bet that a 4-door version would sure be a winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard of so many cars, so many people wanting them to be brought over from

Australia, G.M., and Ford, anyways (Sorry, Chrysler!), Why doesn't Ford and G.M. listen?

They all talk of Global Platforms, and complain of their lagging sales in the U.S.,

Why, oh, Why, won't you listen to what the people want and need (and DESIRE!).

The cars over there are HOT!!! Bring 'em here and get rid of your sales and marketing

problems!

P.S., for all of the nay-sayers, I know it is not just that easy, but, yet, again, how long

have we been telling them to get some of their HOT cars, and even trucks and 'utes,

over here?!

They have had ample time to plan and adjust for safety items, and emission items, and the

like. Are they WANTING to FAIL?!?!

G.M. for an example, back in the "Bad Days", had no reservations about bringing a

Re'Nault Le'Car over here and Re-Badging it as a Pontiac Le Mans, but they will not put the

Foresight and effort into bringing a Holden Commodore/Caprice VE, over here to the

'States, and Blow the Competition Away !!!

(G.M. are you Listening!!! The Commodore is Hot!):D:wub:

Yeah I own a SVT Focus...LOL There is a group of us that track our cars at our local road race course and I have to say we give any car, I mean any car, on the track a run for their money through the turns. Of course we get passed on the straights but a road course with nine turns it is NOT about the straight aways. Of course we are all running coil overs, bigger sway bars, better springs too...LOL But, it sure is fun riding a Z06 butt all the way through the turns and they come over after the session and ask us if we are supercharged...LOL Nope normally aspirated engine here folks!